Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Final: 3 themes

Sonny Blues - The fiction that influenced me is in "Sonny's Blues", because James Balwin showed me that it doesn't matter how lost we can be in life, there is always another alternatives hidden behind scenes that only a friend, or a family member can show you the right way. Sonny was lost in his life, but his brother patiently brought him back to "normal" life," without modifying his real personality. "but the reason I wanted to leave Harlem so bad was to get away from drugs. And then, when I ran away, that's what I ws running from-really. When I came back, nothing had changed, I hadn't changed, I was just - older." This last sentence shows we are what we are, and to try to run away from ourselves, soon or later, we will have to face the truth.

We Real Cool - This poetry showed me that how much teenagers wast time with insignificant moments. This poetry made me go back to mine youth and see how blind I was by doing things that didn't help me with anything. The young boys that left school to drink, and play pool weren't worry with their future. On the last sentence "We die soon," shows that they are having fun today, but tomorrow can be too late to go back.

Do not Go Gentle into that Good Night - I love this poem! This is my favorite poem because the words touched my heart. This poem is about a son who doesn't want his father to die without dignity. "And you, my father, there on the sad height,Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.Do not go gentle into that good night.Rage, rage against the dying of the light. "

1 comment:

  1. I hope you enjoyed blogging in this course! Thank you for your final contribution, and have a great summer!

    Grade = 25/25

    ReplyDelete